Which Is Better: Almond Milk Vs. Cow’s Milk Vs. Soy Milk
It is wonderful to know that there are many kinds of milk for you to choose from. There is milk that came from nuts like Almond. Milk came from beans like soy milk and milk that came from animals like cow’s milk.
In this article, you will learn about the differences and health benefits of each milk to help you choose which one you should get.
Differences between Almond Milk, Cow Milk and Soy Milk
Almond milk is one of the plant-based alternatives to cow’s milk. Though almond milk is indeed a healthy beverage, it still lacks essential nutrients compared to those found in dairy milk.
For the benefits of consuming almond milk:
- It is low in calories and has high levels of monounsaturated fatty acids. This type of healthy fat may aid in weight loss and weight management.
- Almond milk is typically fortified and is a good source of calcium, vitamin A, vitamin D, along with a tiny boost of fiber.
- It’s vegan and naturally lactose-free. People with lactose intolerance can enjoy a cup of almond milk without experiencing the symptoms.
- Almond milk is low in calories and protein compared with cow’s milk and soy milk. When replacing cow’s milk with almond milk, you should make up the missing calories, protein, and vitamins from other food sources.
- Though it is a great alternative for dairy milk, some people are allergic to almonds and should avoid drinking almond milk.
- Almond milk may contain carrageenan, which may cause digestive issues in some people.
- Almond milk is mostly water. It is simply the result of soaking almonds in water and then blitzing the mixture together. Some brands of almond milk contain as little as two percent almonds, it is best to read the ingredients list to find a variety with a higher percentage.
Cow’s milk contains vitamins and nutrients essential for our body. Like humans, cows only produce milk after they have given birth, and dairy cows must give birth to one calf per year in order to continue producing milk.
- A cow’s milk can provide essential proteins, extra calories from fats, as well as vitamins and minerals. It contains magnesium, which is important for bone development and muscle function.
- Milk is a rich source of protein, with just one cup containing 8 grams. Protein is necessary for many vital functions in your body, including growth and development, cellular repair, and immune system regulation.
- Dairy is one of the most common allergens among infants and children.
- Lactose intolerance is another reason people avoid cow’s milk. Those who are lactose intolerant have difficulty digesting cow’s milk.
- Another reason is the increasing concern about the health risks of consuming dairy. Some people have become ill from drinking raw cow’s milk that the bacteria Escherichia coli (E. coli) and Salmonella have contaminated.
- Some researchers have also suggested that there may be an association between consuming cow’s milk and the development of acne in teenagers.
Soy milk, the same as almond milk is made by the process of soaking and grinding the beans, boiling the mixture, and filtering out remaining particulates. Soy milk contains a lot of health benefits that help you get a healthier body. Here, we will be discussing the pros and cons of soy milk.
- Consuming soy protein each day may reduce LDL cholesterol or bad cholesterol.
- Along with containing healthful fats, soy milk is the only dairy alternative that offers a similar amount of protein as cow’s milk.
- It contains as much protein as cow’s milk yet is lower in calories than whole milk and about equal to the calories in 1 percent or 2 percent milk.
- Some people may have an allergy to soybeans. It is a common allergen for both adults and children.
- Most soy produced in the United States comes from genetically modified plants. Unlike cow’s milk, it does not naturally offer bone-strengthening calcium, but there are many brands that come fortified.
- While soy milk does have nutritional benefits, the nutrients are not the same as cow’s milk. Soy milk has added calcium, vitamin A, vitamin D, riboflavin and vitamin B12, but it does not offer the same nutritional value as dairy milk.
It is quite clear that nutritionally, soya milk is the best alternative for replacing cow’s milk in the human diet.
People prefer almond milk because of its flavor. Those who choose almond milk should make sure they are getting enough essential nutrients, like carbs and protein, through other sources in their diet.
The best cow’s milk alternative, soy milk, has been around for a long time. If dairy is off your menu, soy milk is the best recommendation. It is naturally high in protein, almost the same as cow’s milk. It is the only plant-based milk that contains complete protein and has the most protein of all the plant-based milk. It’s also the only non-dairy milk that contains as much potassium (important for blood pressure regulation) as regular milk.
Although you might think almond milk is the healthier choice because it is lower in calories, it is relatively low in protein, so it won’t give you that satisfying feeling of fullness soy milk provides.
Related Article: 8 Surprising Health Benefits of Soy
At The Soy Inc, only the highest quality soya beans are used from organic, sustainable, and non-GMO farms. We believe that our customers deserve the best, that for every sip and bite of our delicious products, you will find extreme satisfaction and bliss.
With years of experience in the business of producing fresh and delectable products offering rich nutritional value, The Soy Inc, has a mission of providing fresh and healthier food. Our products are 100% premium organic soya beans.
Soy milk and soy beancurd pudding are famous drinks and desserts in Singapore and we assure you that when you try to sip and taste our products, they can be addictive and you will be craving for more. We provide the best Soya Milk and Soya Beancurd Pudding in Singapore.